Recognition events are a great way to celebrate the achievements of student volunteers and those who support them.
On top of showing gratitude to individuals, these events also serve as a round-up of past happenings and a platform for future endeavours.
Here are some considerations for hosting a recognition event:
- Consider awarding all student volunteers with the official NSVW certificate.
- Organise a meaningful memento of the occasion for award winners or outstanding contributors.
- Different award categories could be based on university program achievements, cause based (youth work, animal welfare, ending racism, etc.) or length/amount of volunteer service. You could let the audience vote by having a people's choice award.
- The event planning schedule should allow time to properly evaluate the merit of volunteering projects.
- Provide some delicious food, refreshments, power, and even a wifi connection.
Who has done it?
- University of Newcastle
- Federation University
- Monash University
Have you run a successful recognition event?