Acknowledge the incredible work of all volunteers.
A student volunteers ceremony is a good way to celebrate the achievements of volunteers and to promote the cause further.
Here are some considerations for the volunteering awards:
- Create a list of categories and awards to be given. Examples include ‘student volunteer of the year’ and ‘most committed volunteer’.
- Create a list of nominations from people/groups that you think have contributed to volunteering across the year.
- Pick a date for the event early in order to ensure adequate time for planning and booking the venue.
- Book a venue that caters for your needs such as expected attendance numbers.
- Structure the evening/day to include the award giving ceremony as well as time for refreshments and networking.
- You could potentially hold a lower key event each month with awards such as ‘student volunteer of the month’ to ensure consistent recognition of those who contribute to volunteering.
Have you run a successful volunteering awards?